Tuesday, December 16, 2008

That Bat Guy...

Batman(small).jpgI've finally had time to finish off the last of the commissions I took at last months Armageddon Convention here in Melbourne. Previously I've tried to avoid any superhero requests, but at Armageddon I gave in and accepted a couple of Batman commissions. Of all the current superhero bunch - and there's just so many of 'em - I guess Batman is about the only character I feel anything for. Although I've avoided the current cinema release - my 10 year old is working his way through the earlier Tim Burton flics, and I'm amazed at how awful they look (and sound) - I had fun doing this, and if I ever get the opportunity to work on spandex, Batman would be the guy I'd go with.

5 Comments:

Blogger Guglie said...

That's a very good commission! i recently got the batman black and white anthology (grouping all the black and white short stories published in the last years) and I have to say your version could be a gem of them!

I still have to send you the Milazzo magico vento issue I promised to you...shame on me!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Colin Wilson said...

I'd love to get more Milazzo Guglie... and I'm sure that I can make it worth you while :-)

Any news on what he is doing these days?

1:07 PM  
Blogger Guglie said...

As far as I know he's still working for Bonelli drawing Magico Vento title. I knew he drew something for France recently "Le Maitre Rouge" (Humanoides) , but I didn't get it yet.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Bobby.N said...

Batman seems to be the ONLY exception to the rule for people not into spandex. Me included.

-Bobby.N

1:42 PM  
Blogger Bobby.N said...

The rag hanging off the bar over batman's head is a nuanced touch of class that only experience can muster. Nice menacing 'breeze' effect Colin.

-Bobby.N

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home