Friday, December 12, 2008

2009

BB_10(small).jpgWith 2009 already shaping up as a bumper year (more, I cannot reveal, at least until early next year), I've spent a lot of time over the last few weeks sorting and cataloging my artwork from the 80's and 90's. There's a lot of it, and I've been discovering things that I can't even remember producing.... things like this.

The reason for all this activity? A limited selection of my earlier art for 2000AD, Blueberry, Point Blank, The Losers etc (but, as yet, no Star Wars art) is now available to buy online. Royd Burgoyne has kindly agreed to look after this for me, and the first selection of my work to be made available can now be seen at his online Comic Art Shop.

If you are interested in original artwork, keep an eye on this site as there are going be some interesting stuff available here over the next few months. And although my current workload prohibits it at the moment, early in '09 Royd will also be opening a Commission List for me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fons van Erp said...

Hi Colin!

This is great news. I am a big fan of your work, since your Blueberrydays!
I hope I can get on your commissionlist!
best regards

Fons

10:59 PM  
Blogger Steven Sterlacchini said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Steven Sterlacchini said...

Just had a quick look through the work on offer. I was amazed that it hadn't all been snapped up years ago!

Some of those pages are engraved in my memory. Iconic pages and the price is a steal! I'm going to liquidate some of my assets!

I was going to save up for another commission, but some of that Rogue Trooper work is amazing, plus no extra work for you, so I could get it straight away.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Mike Pownall said...

I've still got my set of the first 20 issues of Strips with your old artwork - remember the Frank Bellamy phase?

Your style has matured considerably over the last 30 or so years. (Yeah it's been that long :-)

3:35 AM  
Blogger Colin Wilson said...

Now why do I know that name? Auckland? 1979? Strips? That Mike Pownall? How the hell are you?

12:37 PM  
Blogger Mike Pownall said...

I've been lurking but I thought it was about time we got in touch. Drop me an email (it's in my profile) and I'll bring you up to speed - it's been an interesting 30 years.

2:14 AM  
Blogger alxxdsgn said...

I might be able to throw in one or two forgotten things into that 80's and 90's period Colin :) But I like having them here :) All the best from Belgium !

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home