Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Synchronicity (Part 2)



Earlier this year Casterman published the third book in my current French series Du Plomb Dans La Tete. Now I always have trouble painting my covers, but for Du Bordel Dans L'Aquarium I was fairly pleased with the results. Nothing fancy, but for a cover I thought it worked OK.

Over the past few weeks I've gradually become obsessed by the new Phillip K Dick pic, A Scanner Darkly. I have no idea if the film is any good, but the rotoscope technique used in the film is wonderful. Check out the trailer here. Last week it dawned on me that the poster used for the film reminds me somewhat of my cover illo for Du Plomb. A hell of an improvement for sure, but similar.....

But God, I wish I could paint......

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Great to see you blogging again, Colin. Keep 'er lit (as we say out here in the wilds).

Looking forward to seeing A SCANNER DARKLY myself, despite the mixed reviews - the novel is a personal fave.

12:13 PM  
Blogger mister X said...

Yes really very interestingly looks.
But automaticity of process is felt. The whole film with such effects I cannot look...

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home