Tuesday, August 22, 2006



Before I make a start on this new Star Wars book, I need to draw up three pages (and a cover!) for an imaginary comic to be used in a short film being shot in New Zealand.

A couple of years ago, Sticky Pictures flew over to interview me for a series on New Zealand artists they were making for NZ television. Each 30 minute episode featured four NZ artists, and they usually tried to include at least one artist working overseas.

Since then the guys have received funding to shoot their first 15-minute short feature, and their script includes several scenes that require a realistic comic for the main character to read. While I'm no big fan of superhero comics - I don't speak the language - I've tried to come up with something that looks convincing.

This last weekend I inked up the B&W, and next weekend I'll attack the colour.

1 Comments:

Blogger dylan said...

looks cracking in terms of layout, but like Si says a bigger scan please.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home